20 Sept 2006

Dreams to board an International Airline…

Hey ppl,

Dreams to board an International Airways came to true on 28th August ’06. :-)

It was a fine n excellent Sunday……… n the only day left to Pack my stuffs n get geared up to Fly…
It was told to me to take only 20 KG of main Baggage n 7 kg of Hand Baggage.
And was given hell of instructions to avoid certain thing in hand baggage n blah… blah …

Now its time to weigh n Pack…

Gosh… My Mom had purchased food items for 20 Kgs…
Unpacked Suitcase n Unpacked Bag weighs around 6.5 Kgs [4+2.5].
Oops! I have reached my limit even before packing…

Apprehensively my mom n dad had called the airways n was confirming the maximum permissible weights… However it didn’t pave way…. The answer was the bugging numeral “27”
So I gotta take out some food items :(
n another bag that weighs less :( Gotta discard my new Bag :(

Finally, after Packing… it was all set fine…
Verified my BIIIIIIG travel checklist n itz done! Pakka!
[‘Pakka is a Tamil slang rather a Remote command-ian slang, which means Perfect
And Remote command is my first prj]


Itz 28th August ’06! Hoooo...

“Yes… Today is a BIG day for me… Am gonna Fly… “
[Hey ppl…. Hang on for a sec… I can hear u whispering ‘Gosh! This line is too much for her’. Listen… This is a dialog from the movie ‘Yuva’. So keep Ur lip tight! ;-P]

MY Parents n Sissies came to the Chennai airport;

I was like "Hold on a sec buddies..... Are we in on the right terminal ? we need to go Kamaraj Terminal (Domestic) ? "
My dad was more energized than me… and thatz why I adore n respect my dad…. He never lets me go through even a small pain. He takes it before I do! :)

I boarded an airlines’ Bus that lead me to a Domestic flight to Mumbai…. The plane took off…. Fortunate I got a Window seat to have a bird’s view of the great metropolitan cities of India … i.e. Chennai n Mumbai.

The Chennai city looked gud… Better than Mumbai’s view…. Listen… I cant put my own Chennai down!

The Mumbai city, from the top view, appeared like a Motherboard…. Slightly, green here n there & Tall n short buildings structures projecting out like Electronic chips on the green surface of the motherboard!
[Hey, Damn kewl comparison gurl! ;-P]

Fine… Landed Mumbai airport…. Wht next? Gotta go to International Airport from the Domestic one…. was slightly bewildering now…. Do I need to identify my baggage before I Board or will the porters themselves do it…
However, I was instructed to identify it in the Mumbai airport….

So I juz went …. Saw my big blue suitcase arranged near the porters…. Fine… its safe… Need to Rush to the other airport… so boarded another hi5 bus to reach there… The Mumbai city is full of Taxi n Taxi-walas…. Yeeks, I didn’t like it all!
I will call it a Black city … coz… the taxies, the Taxi-walas n the smoke of the taxi were all black n grubby!

Now…. I had my immigration chk done in there n boarded another BIIIIIG International flight 9W1245 to the United Kingdom. It dashed the atmospheres of both Land n Water ……


The 9W1245 flew over Arabian Sea, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Black sea, Ukraine, Poland, Germany n finally to the Heathrow airport, London, United Kingdom.

Wondering! How I knew the route… For those who are not aware: There is a mini LCD touch screen behind every seat… using which Flight details, Flight Routes, Timings etc can be known by the passengers…. Not only that u can see movie n listen to songs all most all language, games etc… I saw Hindi Devdas n Tamil Ghajini :)

Now… I really gotta tell u guess abt View of London from Brid’s eye!
From the Tropopause layer, everything looked clumsy n Tiny! As, we started lowering down the Troposphere… I felt the Turbulence n d flight was kinda hubbubing now, this was the the most turbulent part of the journey

So, from this height, I was able to see things clearly however like a miniature model of the whole London city ! River Thames was running in the center of the london n it was like a massive size Anaconda, which had eaten 2 huge buffalos, lying down dividing the city into 2 huge land masses ! As we lowered doen a still more, I was able to see the BIGBEN! Infact I didn’t know that was the bigben… a guy behind me was showing everything to his kid… n i overheard everything ;-p .heee heee… On the bank of the Thames, skyscrapers standing still, gave an admirable top view. Gosh… I don’t have my camera now …… :(

Now…. Safely landed in the Heathrow airport…

Gosh… I need to take a cab n reach my house … alone... All alone in the mysterious, strange, unknown, unfamiliar part of the world. Thank god! I met Ratheesh, the Savior, my colleague n project mate, in the Airport… So both of us managed to take Tubes [trains in London] n Reach Leiswham, where my Room mates were waiting for me…

I managed to carry my Heavy baggage all by myself n went up d hills to Halesworth road… that was a fatiguing 6 mins walk!

Finally rested myself @ 9:30 pm in a soothing bed, after a long Travel! Resting with a thought that need to report CITIGROUP tomo @ 9:00 in the morning!

That Thought woke me up at the right time in the morning …….
BIG SMILES :))

7 Comments:

At September 29, 2006 1:22 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool one.... ;)

keep the balls rolling

N.B: Really laughed a lot at the line...."Ratheesh, the saviour"...

 
At September 29, 2006 1:24 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

super .......... super o super...........
as i started reading n reached the third or fourth line itself.....................i was imagining london.......
good one...............
watz your plan for this week end?
y dint u tell anything about your petti........... ;-p

 
At September 29, 2006 1:28 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its gud but the most disappointed thing I found is........U did nt mention abt gr8 Siva(I mean abt Me) and our new and sweet f'ship.
Its really bad.... I hurted sanghee I hurted.......:-))
Cheers.
S

 
At September 29, 2006 1:28 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arambhicitiaaaaaaa.

i wonder how u r able to sit & write for such lengths..

anyway it was nice...enjoyed comparion of Thames with Anaconda.

With Regards,
Gnanaprasanna K C

 
At September 29, 2006 1:29 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Great Sangee. you are doing Hi-Fi things.
Suresh Kumar U

 
At January 09, 2007 8:48 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi

i feel tired after reading such a long his....... 0r story

but it is nice

i shud say .........

with:-)
Keerthana

 
At January 08, 2010 10:52 pm , Blogger Nandigama said...

Super Ms. Sangstar i Felt tired of readingyour long lines but i was recollecting the days when i entered US while reading your blog. Thanks for a nice blog. Keep going...!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home