4 Oct 2006

Today is my salary day!

Today is my salary day! Sounds good isn’t it?

Yeah… In my IT work experience of 27 months, [big digits…]
Only…. Only… 27 days I was able to say, “Today is my salary day!” :(
Huh!

01.10.2006 is my first remuneration day…
Wondering… how after 27 months of work experience, first salary day?
Yup, Today is my first salary day in Pound Sterling,
Official currency of United Kingdom.

Sounds really fantastic, isn’t it?

Actually, I had got my salary advance in GBP in India, however to receive the hard earned money here in London thrills me.
[NOTE: GBP, abbreviated as Great Britain pound, is ISO Currency code for pound sterling. Occasionally, ppl use UKP, abbreviated as United Kingdom Pounds, is the non-ISO codes, however this is Incorrect usage. ]

Before I share my experience of first salary in pounds… I would like to share the knowledge about Pound. The pound (ISO code: GBP), divided into 100 pence .The official full name pound sterling is used mainly in formal contexts. The pound was originally the value of one Troy pound of sterling silver (hence "pound sterling"). The currency symbol is the pound sign, originally with two cross-bars, then later more commonly £, with a single cross-bar. The pound sterling is one of the most traded currency in the world, after the US dollar, the euro and the yen.

Also, Currency Exchange Rate Data for British Pound vs Indian Rupee...
1 GBP = 86.2 INR as on 2006-10-03
[Average for this Year (till date) – 85.4 ]

k.. k .. I can hear u saying enough of GK …… lol

Fine….. Now ……

My INR component was credited first n GBP wasn’t….. :(
Today is d 3rd day of the month ! When will get my Pound component ? huh !

Ppl talk with high sprits n deliver jaw-breaking dialogues … however when it comes to such kinda things….. they become Dumb ! Polookas !

Pramod,my Onsite co-ordinator, came upto me n was trying to convey something n also was trying to hand over something to me… He went back coz…. Madam [i.e. d gr8 ME] was over phone

;-p
I didn’t understand wht that fishy thing was ! It was a Cover kinda thing, which he held it with care….. he had lotz in his hand n was giving it to all the team members…
I guessed it was some Party invitation to a PUB ;-p hee heee !

After I had put my phone down, he came upto me n hand over the invitation [as per my assumption], I quickly unconvered it in the very anixeity to knw wht the occasion was…..
Coooooool ! it is really not a occasion for him … its for me
It is my ‘First salary day in Pounds’.

The cover had check which said

Date XX/XX/XXXX
Pay Sangeetha Sigamani GBP xxxx.xx for and on behalf of Larsen and Toubro Infotech Limited


I felt really proud to have the quids in my hand !
[ The slang term ‘quid’ is very common in the UK, which means Pounds]

Can u guess, wht was my first reaction after seeing my sal ?

...

...


Yup…… I hurring to type in Windows+R and i keyed in ‘calc’ in Run dialog… to compute myGBP * 85.4…. which gave me the INR equivalent ! hee heee ;-p

And was happy with that resultant NUMERAL :)

4 Comments:

At October 06, 2006 12:33 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rosa,
Happy to hear that you are happy about your salary.

Keep in touch..

 
At October 06, 2006 1:27 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Altmore,

When i read the blog about the trip to london, i felt few things in common and few different from you.

I also traveled recently for the first time, so i too felt the excitement and tension before the travel, which you enacted in the blog. I liked the part where you described about the trouble you faced with your luggage and the sendoff part ( the way it was described amidst family members which makes feel senti...), where we had same situations but different end results.

Always things happen at the cost of some value. Here also the same.

Canary Wharf - The Royal London
Citigroup - Adds BIG brand value to you

But the big question is about another C, your Cooking ?


I fell more proud to say i had better weekends, opportunity, enjoyment and tons to express on those valuable memories.


These blogs revel your view, and
how you anticipated and
was the outcome and
finally how was your reaction for those.

Actually the way its presented looks good, I hope this way of writing comes very naturally to you.


Instinct thoughts
Sharp memory
Good Observing skills
helps you to recreate the situations.

Moreover, you have a good taste to showcase the happiest moments in such a fashion always deserves credit.

I realize you have a lot of friends, its the way you live. Make friends wherever you go, that the healthier sign of a person.

Waiting to see a negative blog, which will reveal more of your anger, a situation you were not able to do anything other than to suffer, or how bad you felt on a strange situation.

All the three blogs are good things happening around you. Hope they continue to happen around you.

what does the title mean - Sang Star Glitter ? -> Stylish, at least let the title be !!!

I need to say one thing here, the day i saw you first i had a impression about you, Which i changed after we spoke for couple of days. But i still feel that you will be cruel / harsh on handling few situations.

Let me see on the coming days. Just i felt i told. I normally say what i feel.


Siva S

 
At October 06, 2006 1:27 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hai,

I guess it doen't need any patience to read ur blog but needs some time (hmm... alot time) :) , i mean to read ur blog line by line and enjoy word by word ... i was really nice the way u have done it ...itz simply nice ....

- Vijayaprakash

 
At October 15, 2006 8:04 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi da......











huh.....am word struck afta readin yer mail......so i giv ye a blank comment wic tells all ma felin abt it.......LOL....tsk tsk......felin elated to hav a chweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett sissy lik ye........

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home